Rss

Contact_user

Doretta B

Human Resources

Occupation:

Director of Human Resources

Location:

Baldwin, NY

Education Level:

Master

Will Relocate:

YES

CollapseDescription

Accomplishments Key Projects & Accomplishments * International Bank Merger: Facilitated merger of four banks, including Merita Bank, Unibank, Kreditkassen, and Nordbanken 1997 - 2000 built the HR team and complete HRIS system to accommodate vacations, sick days, disability, and FMLA/leave of absence created/revised all handbooks and policies/procedures responsible for blending the culture of the organization and merged all benefits to meet the Labor Department guidelines, including Defined Contribution Plans, merging five ERISA health plans and four payrolls within one year managed reduction in workforce, severance agreements, COBRA, unemployment benefits, and voluntary termination for employees age 55 - 65 ensured that all cross-functional managers and staff had secondary agreements to comply with relevant labor laws educated matrixed human resources staff on handling including country taxes and repatriating revenues negotiated new vendor contracts, and managed record retention/storage. * Post-Merger Culture Clash: Tardiness and sick days taken in the US increased by 100% because European Offices gave unlimited sick days, and senior management charged HR to devise a comparable solution to work in the US market created program that included unlimited sick days for all staff, but if a person was out for three consecutive days, HR would issue a completed vacation leave form approved by that person's manager and HR and after seven days, HR would send out a short-term disability form for the employee to complete and give to their doctor for approval for government mandatory disability (limit approx. seven weeks), and the company-paid short-term disability provided 70% wage coverage (bank made up the remaining 30% of wages) for up to six months new program was met with 100% adherence and greater employee retention. * Layoff after Merger: Saved $2M in payroll and health insurance costs by completing a layoff of 470 employees met with all business units to update all employee records related to severance agreements, COBRA, etc. continually updated senior management about costs related to the layoff, including unemployment, voluntary terminations, and severance worked through attrition for employees by giving them six months of leave, gross adjustments to account for difference of social security costs, and voluntary termination for employees aged 55+ with 10+ years of service. * Emergency Preparedness - Super Storm Sandy: Recognized by Nordea CEO for saving $3M+ in potential federal/state examiner fees by assuring that essential bank staff were provided cars and hotel rooms during Hurricane Sandy connected with hotel contacts to find rooms for essential staff and ensure they could get to the bank the next day by residing in the city overnight also contracted for cars to bring essential personnel to hotels worked for 14 hours on Sunday to ensure that the bank could operate the next day and pass the federal and state examination. * Expatriate Cross-Over Staffing: Saved $100K/year by facilitating and managing entire process for European staff to train US employees, speak with customers, and work in succession planning interviewed, onboarded, and created contracts for all expats to repatriation help expats obtain immigration and Social Security documents, housing, necessary schools, language training, etc. assign payroll rates/schedules applicable to home country ensure that all expat staff paid taxes at the appropriate rate to relevant nations work with expat's rental properties to insure proper lease amount and applicable property taxes paid for short-term housing (defined as one year or less) HR managing this process eliminated the need for the bank to hire an expatriate management firm. To find out more about Doretta Blake, SHRM-CP, please visit her LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dorettablake * International Bank Merger: Facilitated merger of four banks, including Merita Bank, Unibank, Kreditkassen, and Nordbanken 1997 - 2000 built the HR team and complete HRIS system to accommodate vacations, sick days, disability, and FMLA/leave of absence created/revised all handbooks and policies/procedures responsible for blending the culture of the organization and merged all benefits to meet the Labor Department guidelines, including Defined Contribution Plans, merging five ERISA health plans and four payrolls within one year managed reduction in workforce, severance agreements, COBRA, unemployment benefits, and voluntary termination for employees age 55 - 65 ensured that all cross-functional managers and staff had secondary agreements to comply with relevant labor laws educated matrixed human resources staff on handling including country taxes and repatriating revenues negotiated new vendor contracts, and managed record retention/storage. * Post-Merger Culture Clash: Tardiness and sick days taken in the US increased by 100% because European Offices gave unlimited sick days, and senior management charged HR to devise a comparable solution to work in the US market created program that included unlimited sick days for all staff, but if a person was out for three consecutive days, HR would issue a completed vacation leave form approved by that person's manager and HR and after seven days, HR would send out a short-term disability form for the employee to complete and give to their doctor for approval for government mandatory disability (limit approx. seven weeks), and the company-paid short-term disability provided 70% wage coverage (bank made up the remaining 30% of wages) for up to six months new program was met with 100% adherence and greater employee retention. * Layoff after Merger: Saved $2M in payroll and health insurance costs by completing a layoff of 470 employees met with all business units to update all employee records related to severance agreements, COBRA, etc. continually updated senior management about costs related to the layoff, including unemployment, voluntary terminations, and severance worked through attrition for employees by giving them six months of leave, gross adjustments to account for difference of social security costs, and voluntary termination for employees aged 55+ with 10+ years of service. * Emergency Preparedness - Super Storm Sandy: Recognized by Nordea CEO for saving $3M+ in potential federal/state examiner fees by assuring that essential bank staff were provided cars and hotel rooms during Hurricane Sandy connected with hotel contacts to find rooms for essential staff and ensure they could get to the bank the next day by residing in the city overnight also contracted for cars to bring essential personnel to hotels worked for 14 hours on Sunday to ensure that the bank could operate the next day and pass the federal and state examination. * Expatriate Cross-Over Staffing: Saved $100K/year by facilitating and managing entire process for European staff to train US employees, speak with customers, and work in succession planning interviewed, onboarded, and created contracts for all expats to repatriation help expats obtain immigration and Social Security documents, housing, necessary schools, language training, etc. assign payroll rates/schedules applicable to home country ensure that all expat staff paid taxes at the appropriate rate to relevant nations work with expat's rental properties to insure proper lease amount and applicable property taxes paid for short-term housing (defined as one year or less) HR managing this process eliminated the need for the bank to hire an expatriate management firm. To find out more about Doretta Blake, SHRM-CP, please visit her LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dorettablake Doretta Blake, SHRM-CP Resume, Page 2 Accomplishments * International Bank Merger: Facilitated merger of four banks, including Merita Bank, Unibank, Kreditkassen, and Nordbanken 1997 - 2000 built the HR team and complete HRIS system to accommodate vacations, sick days, disability, and FMLA/leave of absence created/revised all handbooks and policies/procedures responsible for blending the culture of the organization and merged all benefits to meet the Labor Department guidelines, including Defined Contribution Plans, merging five ERISA health plans and four payrolls within one year managed reduction in workforce, severance agreements, COBRA, unemployment benefits, and voluntary termination for employees age 55 - 65 ensured that all cross-functional managers and staff had secondary agreements to comply with relevant labor laws educated matrixed human resources staff on handling including country taxes and repatriating revenues negotiated new vendor contracts, and managed record retention/storage. * Post-Merger Culture Clash: Tardiness and sick days taken in the US increased by 100% because European Offices gave unlimited sick days, and senior management charged HR to devise a comparable solution to work in the US market created program that included unlimited sick days for all staff, but if a person was out for three consecutive days, HR would issue a completed vacation leave form approved by that person's manager and HR and after seven days, HR would send out a short-term disability form for the employee to complete and give to their doctor for approval for government mandatory disability (limit approx. seven weeks), and the company-paid short-term disability provided 70% wage coverage (bank made up the remaining 30% of wages) for up to six months new program was met with 100% adherence and greater employee retention. * Layoff after Merger: Saved $2M in payroll and health insurance costs by completing a layoff of 470 employees met with all business units to update all employee records related to severance agreements, COBRA, etc. continually updated senior management about costs related to the layoff, including unemployment, voluntary terminations, and severance worked through attrition for employees by giving them six months of leave, gross adjustments to account for difference of social security costs, and voluntary termination for employees aged 55+ with 10+ years of service. * Emergency Preparedness - Super Storm Sandy: Recognized by Nordea CEO for saving $3M+ in potential federal/state examiner fees by assuring that essential bank staff were provided cars and hotel rooms during Hurricane Sandy connected with hotel contacts to find rooms for essential staff and ensure they could get to the bank the next day by residing in the city overnight also contracted for cars to bring essential personnel to hotels worked for 14 hours on Sunday to ensure that the bank could operate the next day and pass the federal and state examination. * Expatriate Cross-Over Staffing: Saved $100K/year by facilitating and managing entire process for European staff to train US employees, speak with customers, and work in succession planning interviewed, onboarded, and created contracts for all expats to repatriation help expats obtain immigration and Social Security documents, housing, necessary schools, language training, etc. assign payroll rates/schedules applicable to home country ensure that all expat staff paid taxes at the appropriate rate to relevant nations work with expat's rental properties to insure proper lease amount and applicable property taxes paid for short-term housing (defined as one year or less) HR managing this process eliminated the need for the bank to hire an expatriate management firm. To find out more about Doretta Blake, SHRM-CP, please visit her LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dorettablake * International Bank Merger: Facilitated merger of four banks, including Merita Bank, Unibank, Kreditkassen, and Nordbanken 1997 - 2000 built the HR team and complete HRIS system to accommodate vacations, sick days, disability, and FMLA/leave of absence created/revised all handbooks and policies/procedures responsible for blending the culture of the organization and merged all benefits to meet the Labor Department guidelines, including Defined Contribution Plans, merging five ERISA health plans and four payrolls within one year managed reduction in workforce, severance agreements, COBRA, unemployment benefits, and voluntary termination for employees age 55 - 65 ensured that all cross-functional managers and staff had secondary agreements to comply with relevant labor laws educated matrixed human resources staff on handling including country taxes and repatriating revenues negotiated new vendor contracts, and managed record retention/storage. * Post-Merger Culture Clash: Tardiness and sick days taken in the US increased by 100% because European Offices gave unlimited sick days, and senior management charged HR to devise a comparable solution to work in the US market created program that included unlimited sick days for all staff, but if a person was out for three consecutive days, HR would issue a completed vacation leave form approved by that person's manager and HR and after seven days, HR would send out a short-term disability form for the employee to complete and give to their doctor for approval for government mandatory disability (limit approx. seven weeks), and the company-paid short-term disability provided 70% wage coverage (bank made up the remaining 30% of wages) for up to six months new program was met with 100% adherence and greater employee retention. * Layoff after Merger: Saved $2M in payroll and health insurance costs by completing a layoff of 470 employees met with all business units to update all employee records related to severance agreements, COBRA, etc. continually updated senior management about costs related to the layoff, including unemployment, voluntary terminations, and severance worked through attrition for employees by giving them six months of leave, gross adjustments to account for difference of social security costs, and voluntary termination for employees aged 55+ with 10+ years of service. * Emergency Preparedness - Super Storm Sandy: Recognized by Nordea CEO for saving $3M+ in potential federal/state examiner fees by assuring that essential bank staff were provided cars and hotel rooms during Hurricane Sandy connected with hotel contacts to find rooms for essential staff and ensure they could get to the bank the next day by residing in the city overnight also contracted for cars to bring essential personnel to hotels worked for 14 hours on Sunday to ensure that the bank could operate the next day and pass the federal and state examination. * Expatriate Cross-Over Staffing: Saved $100K/year by facilitating and managing entire process for European staff to train US employees, speak with customers, and work in succession planning interviewed, onboarded, and created contracts for all expats to repatriation help expats obtain immigration and Social Security documents, housing, necessary schools, language training, etc. assign payroll rates/schedules applicable to home country ensure that all expat staff paid taxes at the appropriate rate to relevant nations work with expat's rental properties to insure proper lease amount and applicable property taxes paid for short-term housing (defined as one year or less) HR managing this process eliminated the need for the bank to hire an expatriate management firm. To find out more about Doretta Blake, SHRM-CP, please visit her LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dorettablake Doretta Blake, SHRM-CP Resume, Page 2

Right_template4_bottom

CollapseWork Experience

COMPANY POSITION HELD DATES WORKED

Blake,Christopher, Morgan consuting firm Senior Human Resources Partner 1/2016 - 1/2018
Nordea Ban VP/Human Resources officer 6/1989 - 1/2016
Right_template4_bottom

CollapseEducation

SCHOOL MAJOR YEAR DEGREE

Capella University Organization and Human Resources 2007 Master Degree
Capella Univesity Human Resources 2006 Certification Degree
Adelphi University Management and Communication 1994 Bachelor Degree
Right_template4_bottom

CollapseAccomplishments

Highlights:

Merger and acquisition Audit Merged payroll and pension plan Onboarding HRIS system Benefit letters to help foster excellent retention Succession Planning Expatiation VISA-Blanket L Diversity and Inclusion Training and Coaching

Companies I like:

A company who is looking for a leader to build all business acumen, relationship with compassion.

Left_template4_bottom

CollapseJob Skills

Left_template4_bottom

CollapseKeywords

Left_template4_bottom

CollapseResponsibilities

Accomplished HR and Operations Management Expert with 20+ years of proven success in building HR organizations , Project Management, blending cultures from multi-national mergers and acquisitions. Dedicated manager with high-level knowledge in implementing HRIS systems, creating payroll and benefits systems that comply with international tax laws, and reducing costs while maintaining efficient operations. Skilled in fostering trusting relationships with co-workers, employers, and senior management. KEY SKILLS: & PROFICIENCIES: • High-Level HR & Operations Leadership • Change Management & Risk Mitigation • Immigration Policy & Facilitation Expert • Benefits, Salary Plans, & Succession Planning • Merger & Acquisition Facilitation • HRIS / SAP Implementation & Execution • Local/State/Federal Employment Law Expert • Employee Relations Management • Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) • Union Relations & Staff Management • Policy / Procedure Creation & Implementation • Team Leadership & Mentoring Skills • Effective Listening & Communication Skills • Strategic Thinking & Problem-Solving Skills • Strong Analytical & Organizational Skills • Conflict Resolution & Consensus Building
Left_template4_bottom